THE OPEN MIND INSTITUTE
#BRAINHACK19 SOLUTIONS CREATED BY
2019 ATTENDEES –
BrainHack brings together the experts to illuminate human potential & harnesses the collective experience of its attendees to activate that potential & send into the world!
1. Whatarethemosteffectivewaystocreatepsychologicalsafety within my workplace, where mistakes are okay and disclosure of personal information will not result in ramifications?
1. Cake Day –
- Rules are there is no talking about work.
- Psychological safety is developed through authentic, caring connection - Shine a light on caring alpha males.
2. Weekly Check in with team –
- Everyone brings a challenge, win, loss, mistake, lesson learnt, or kudos for others written anonymously on a post-it note.
- Put them all in a hat and discuss them one by one as a team. Own it if you want.
- Suggestions for hat are " box of mystery" or " F#ck it bucket"
2. Whatmeasurescanweasleaderstaketobetterunderstandour teams and can implement to bring our team together?
1. a) Sharing responsibilities
b) Building trust;
c) Know employees on a deeper level - skills, abilities, strengths/ weaknesses;
d) Consider "what if we didn’t have a leader?"
e) Push boundaries of current leadership paradigm!
2. Culture, Communication and Attitude –
a) Enhance comfort to speak up and get to know staff better;
b) Develop a coaching culture;
c) Empower individuals to set goals for themselves;
d) Power through people versus other people.
a) Pay attention to the vocabulary we use, We and us;
b) Be aware of how people receive and perceive messages.
a) Exercise humility, appreciate value that people bring, have a
3. HowcanIcreateandsustainthechangethatisnecessarywithinme and within my work/ life environment to give rise to optimal wellbeing & performance?
1. Enhance awareness of our habits and re-programme them. Ideas to achieve this are:
a) Hour of Power:
b) Gratitude diary; c) Cold Showers.
2. Change habits, rituals and mindset:
a) Analyse the culture and policy within an organisation;
b) Reflect, review and implement; c) Focus on respect.